terça-feira, 30 de setembro de 2008

Foto antiga e estranha...

Lens of Diane Arbus and became part of American photographic history. It would become one of the most famous photographs of the era's most compelling photographer. Arbus killed herself in 1971, at the age of 48, leaving behind a gallery of characters -- some of them spooky, some of them bizarre, all of them vaguely tragic --
The kid with the grenade. That would be Colin Wood, who is now 50 years old and an insurance agent living in California.
She did it in Central Park one afternoon when Colin was 7. I'm sure that photo was a collaboration," he says. "I didn't pose like that unless asked. I think I was imitating a face I'd seen in war movies, which I loved watching at the time."
But today he thinks of the image as one of the great conversation pieces of all time. And Arbus clearly fascinates him.
"She catches me in a moment of exasperation. It's true, I was exasperated. My parents had divorced and there was a general feeling of loneliness, a sense of being abandoned. I was just exploding. She saw that and it's like . . . commiseration. She captured the loneliness of everyone. It's all people who want to connect but don't know how to connect. And I think that's how she felt about herself. She felt damaged and she hoped that by wallowing in that feeling, through photography, she could transcend herself."


Foto de Diane Arbus que tornou-se famosa e parte da história da fotografia norteamericana.Arbus suicidou-se em 1971 quando tinha 48 anos deixando para trás uma galeria de personagens ---alguns deles misteriosos,alguns bizarros,todos vagamente trágicos.
O garoto da foto é chama-se Colin Wood e hoje tem 50 anos de idade.É um corretor de seguros e mora na Califórnia.
A foto foi tirada no Central Park na década de 60,num momento em que o garoto passava por problemas familiares e a fotografa soube captar através da expressão, no momento certo, foto
estranha, porém genial.O personagem acha que na verdade ela (a fotografa) é que sentia a solidão, a sensação de abandono , sentimentos seus que ela procurava retratar no seu trabalho sempre que sentia o momento e a pessoa que fotografava.